I had my first exam of third semester today and I would have to say that it went pretty well. It was in Bacteriology. I did so well that I think it is my new favorite class! Unfortunately, I have 2 more exams coming up next week (pathology and virology) so you know what that means...hunkering down this weekend and studying. No fun times for me this weekend. Although I am going to try and go to volleyball on Friday, afterall I have to have some fun. ;)
My new favorite thing is green tea! (Thank you Kristilee!) She gave me some green teas to try that were flavored blueberry, pomegranate, and mint and they were absolutely delicious! I will definitely be buying some when the next shopping day comes around.
Good ol' Dr. Reich...Supposedly during our Reproductive Physiology (optional) lectures (which I missed because I was working with my group on our necropsy report), he gave a link to an article in the New York Times entitled, "What Do Women Want?" and I thought I would share that with you all. It is somewhat long, but if you have the time I would recommend reading it and forwarding it to all your guy friends out there. Let them really know what women are all about.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/25/magazine/25desire-t.html?pagewanted=2&em
As for the necropsy...let me just say that I will never be a pathologist. Our specimen was an ovine (sheep) that stunk to the high heavens!! I would rather be in the anatomy lab all day sniffing formaldahyde than cut open a dead sheep. Of course it didn't help that the sheep had been dead for 4 days before the necropsy was performed. But I have to admit, I did learn some pretty cool stuff like gases from the bacteria (breaking down the ingesta) mixing with the iron (from broken down hemoglobin) giving the skin a bluish-green appearance which is called pseudomelanosis. Pretty cool stuff, huh?
What is with this crazy weather??? Snow and ice in Texas? I feel sorry for all you smucks living in the US right now. Seems the only good spot is Florida (Aren't you lucky Saskia?) We are enjoying some nice 80 degree weather here in St. Kitts with blue skies and cool winds. Which reminds me, Mom- can you get a picture of Cody with his booties on? That would be great!!!
Until next time...
The Code Man
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It is an absolutely gorgeous day outside and I am sitting here on the couch reading your blog. What is wrong with me?
ReplyDeleteUm, Friday night volleyball is required, you must be present so you can represent for me! :) And a beer must be drunk each week in memory. I think you can handle one beer a week.
Necropsy sounds yummy, I've only ever done fresh ones. And 4 days in the Caribbean is really like 10 days with the heat and humidity...mmmmm....
I can see you updated the blog's look, very nice. Study hard my friend, I'll need someone to employ me soon ;) Later!
Oh, I missed the above question....I'm pretty easy...a hot caramel macchiato, a complete personal statement that would win over any app committee, and a nice evening spent knitting. God I'm a loser. Oh, and World Peace.
ReplyDeleteAll I have to say is that you can't be outside on all the nice days. I would be happy to go to vball and drink one beer in your memory, although it would be much nicer if you were there by my side. I like the new look of the blog too- it is more me! Oh and I love the answer to my question! It's the little things in life that matter! Talk to you soon!
ReplyDelete